The application period has now closed.
- Application website opens: January 22, 2015
- Application website closes: April 14, 23:59 UTC, 2015 (Closed)
- Notification: April 24, 2015
- Registration Fee Payment Deadline: May 15, 2015
We strongly advise applicants to read the FAQ section before applying.
Contact us if you have any question on the application and reviewing procedure.
The registration fee to attend the summer school is:
- 45,000 JPY - 2 weeks
- Academics (including post-doctoral researchers)
- 80,000 JPY - 2 weeks
- 55,000 JPY - 1 week
- 100,000 JPY - 2 Weeks
- 80,000 JPY - 1 Week
- 55,000 JPY - 3 days (social events not included)
- 30,000 JPY - 1 day (social events not included)
The registration fee covers: attendance to lectures, light snacks served during coffee breaks and social events (except when mentioned otherwise for professional attendees).
The fee does not cover accommodation nor regular meals.
Registration Fee Payment
Applicants accepted to the summer school will be asked to pay these fees within 2 weeks of receiving their acceptance notification. We can only accept credit card payments from applicants residing outside Japan, and wire transfers from those living in Japan. We will provide more details on the payment procedure following the final acceptance notification.
Scholarships and Travel Grants
Students (and students only) can apply for financial support (travel grants, accommodation support, fee waivers) through the application form. Please refer to the relevant FAQ sections for more information.